The Oxford Guest House
53 Oxford Road, Acocks Green
- The house is charming, and the room was airy, cozy, and clean (I especially enjoyed the Waterhouse prints: anyone who loves John Waterhouse has to have great taste). Jan and John are such warm, personable hosts; I had had an unfortunately experience with a rogue taxi driver, and they were so concerned and comforting. They are obviously quite invested in ensuring that their guests have a positive experience with them. I would stay here again if I returned to Birmingham :)
- Both extremely friendly and a lovely couple
- The hosts were absolutely wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble
- Smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs to die for Brilliant, everything cooked Al a Carte
- Very clean rooms! Great large original enamel bath! Great cooked English breakfast and very friendly staff!
- We loved how welcoming and accommodating the hosts were towards us, they made us feel at home and made sure we had everything we needed. They were very relaxed and easy going which was great. The house was beautiful and the rooms where clean, comfy and cosy. Would definitely recommend the Oxford Guest House for a easy, wonderful little place to stay.
- Thanks to Jan and John everything was perfect. Very lovely room. Great breakfast with everything we wanted. Parkingplace big enough for our Landrover Defender. Train Station in walking-distance (2 minutes). The train takes you to Birmingham in 6 minutes and it’s only 3 £ (round trip). You can also reach other directions easily. Jan and John are amazing people and they love to run their B&B.
- Friendly welcome. My room was at the back of the house overlooking the garden and was a lovely self contained room with private’s bath and shower. Good selection for breakfast and well presented.
- Owners so friendly and bed very comfortable
- Our breakfasts were excellent. John is a great cook and took pride in giving us tasty delicious options to start our day. The location was perfect for us,convenient for trains and buses and our hosts were happy to share their local knowledge.
- Jan and her husband John are very welcoming and we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay with. Room was very comfortable and clean. Lovely English breakfast to send us on our way. Definitely recommend.
- The hostess of the house is warm and hospitable. She is very responsible and cares about the feelings of the guests.
- The bedroom decor is stunning. Jan has thought of everything all the little extras provided came in very handy. The cooked breakfast was lovely. We felt very welcome and was looked after. I have no hesitation in recommending to others.
- Owners were so nice. My important boxes were ticked. Great Wi Fi, Shower had brilliant pressure, clean and comfy bed 5*
- The property was beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. The owners very friendly and breakfast fantastic. Good Italian restaurant a short walk away. We had visited the motorcycle museum and this guest house was an ideal place to stay for this one night trip as it was excellent value. Other local hotels very expensive.
- A wonderfully warm welcome and a room and bathroom that provided more than many a 4 star hotel. Delicious breakfast.
- Excellent location, homely atmosphere and very friendly hosts
- Lovely homely feel with everything you could need for a comfortable stay. Very welcoming hosts and a lovely breakfast. Recommended!
- Amazing staff, clean environment, rooms are lovely everything you need from being away from home. Little added touches. Would stay again definitely...
- Excellent staff very very friendly. Very clean and comfortable room and made to feel very welcome. Smashing breakfast and much appriciated. Kindest Regards, Steve.
- Homely, jan and John were extremely friendly and welcoming. Very comfortable room and best nights sleep I’ve had away from home for some time. I didn’t have breakfast so can not comment on the food. If the food is anything like the welcome and the wonderful smell coming from the kitchen while they had their own meals, I’d expect it to be good. Extremely clean. Comfortable bed, lovely furnished room. Definitely stay again if I’m in the area for work or pleasure.