Macdonald Burlington Hotel
Situated in the heart of Birmingham's impressive newly pedestrianised shopping area, the Macdonald Burlington Hotel Birmingham is placed close to the town hall and central plaza and is adjacent to the New Street station.
This property houses individually designed guestrooms that are comfortable and come with a host of contemporary amenities. To cater to the needs of the guests, the hotel also offers a warm and caring full time room service with a personalised attention.
The Berlioz restaurant is the hotel's own exclusive a la carte establishment, whilst breakfast is catered for in a seperate dining area. The Bacchus bar is extremely popular and inviting, designed to reflect the garden of Eden with beautiful floral displays and is an ideal place to relax with a fine drink after as tiring day.
Catering to the needs of its business travellers, the hotel also provides a conference room that is well appointed with all the necessary technical equipments and is an ideal place for your meetings and seminars. Health conscious guests can avail the facilities of the well appointed gymnasium available just 200 yards from the property.
- Beautiful old building with lots of character
- It took me a while to work out the taps in the shower - I could not get the water above lukewarm so shivered for a long time until I finally got the tap to turn to hot.
- Location is great - right across the street from the train station and in the heart of the shopping area. Did not have breakfast included so went to Pret across the street for half the price. Good big rooms for the classic double, but no fridge.
- Good toiletries nespresso coffee mc good glasswear massive comfy bed
- Grand, classy and "old school" hotel, quintessentially british. Rooms are spacious, good facilities, very comfortable. Lovely staff and ideal location next to the station.
- Superb bed and pillows Elemis products Superb towels Fresh milk on request Such warm friendly staff
- Great central location but a bit tricky to find. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was tasty and there was plenty to choose from.
- Location was brilliant and staff really helpful and friendly.
- Breakfast was over-priced and generally low quality (poached egg was very under cooked and inedible)
- We stayed in suite 209, the room or rooms should I say were excellent, the facilities were great. The breakfast was lovely, and the staff were brilliant, they helped us from the first moment we arrived.
- Rooms very comfortable, fantastic location and friendly staff
- Comfortable, spacious, efficient but with lots of traditional features
- Checking in and out was easy and staff friendly and professional Rooms were clean and bed very comfortable Evening meal was excellant with a very attentive waiter
- This review has been hidden because it doesn't meet our guidelines.
- I always miss my own bed whenever I stay any other place
- Lovely room Clean and tidy Great breakfast
- Fantastic hotel, staff were wonderful. The room was beautiful! Got the suite and it was well worth the money!
- Love the room and the size ,will be back again
- Lovely elegant hotel, like stepping back into 1920's lots of period features. Location perfect for train station and shopping trip. Air conditioning in room, bed and room comfortable. Staff friendly, arrived early and was able to check in which was a bonus. Able to store luggage for us at checkout.
- Very central, great location if you’re travelling by train.