The Westmead Hotel
Redditch Road, Hopwood
With free Wi-Fi, free parking and a fine restaurant, this hotel used to be a country club. It is in quiet, rural Hopwood, 1.5 miles (2.5 km) from the M42 and well placed for central Birmingham. Just outside Birmingham, Westmead is 25 minutes' drive from the NEC, close to the M40/M5/M6 motorways. Chocolate attraction Cadbury World is 10 minutes' drive away. The Westmead Bar and Lounge is open until late for drinks and snacks, with comfy sofas and chairs. All rooms have en suite bathrooms and super-king-size beds. Guests of The Westmead Hotel get free access to the local LA Fitness gym (2.3 miles / 3.7 km). -
Das Hotel befindet sich in Hopwood, nur 2,4 km von der Anschlussstelle 2 der M42 entfernt. Sie gelangen deshalb auch leicht zum Zentrum von Birmingham. Das NEC (Messegelände), der Internationale Flughafen Birmingham sowie Worcestershire, Redditch und Bromsgrove können Sie erreichen. Neben einem Restaurant und einer Bar bietet das Hotel darüber hinaus noch Konferenz- und Bankettsräume. Der hoteleigene Parkplatz umfasst 200 Stellplätze. Bitte beachten Sie, dass das Hotel am 18. Mai 2008 ab 18:00 Uhr keine Speisen servieren kann, da es für eine lokale Versanstaltung reserviert ist. Informationen über Restaurants in der Umgebung erhalten Sie an der Rezeption. Momentan werden alle Zimmer des Hotels renoviert (bis ca. Februar 2008) und um Superior Zimmer erweitert. Sobald die Renovierungsmaßnahmen abgeschlossen sind, wird das gesamte Hotel ein Nichtraucherhotel -
Situato nella tranquilla Hopwood, a circa 2,4 km dallo svincolo 2 della M42, il Westmead Hotel gode di una posizione conveniente per raggiungere il centro di Birmingham e offre la connessione internet wireless e il parcheggio gratuiti. Il NEC, laeroporto internazionale di Birmingham, Worcestershire, Redditch e Bromsgrove sono facilmente raggiungibili dal Westmead. Questhotel rurale vanta un bar-ristorante di eccellente qualità e ampie strutture per conferenze e banchetti. Sono disponibili un parcheggio in loco gratuito con 200 posti auto e un servizio eccellente. Lhotel è attualmente in fase di ristrutturazione: i lavori interessano tutte le camere e prevedono anche la realizzazione di camere superior. Al termine di tali lavori, lhotel sarà interamente non fumatori. -
Le Westmead Hotel -
Situado en la tranquila ciudad de Hopwood, a sólo 2,5 Km. de la salida 2 de la M42, el hotel es ideal para visitar el centro de Birmingham. A poca distancia del NEC, del aeropuerto internacional de Birmingham, Worcestershire, Redditch y Bromsgrove. Se trata de un hotel rural que alberga un excelente restaurante y bar, además de amplias salas de conferencias y banquetes. Dispone de 200 plazas de aparcamiento gratuito y ofrece conexión Wi-Fi a Internet en las zonas públicas. En este momento se están reformando las habitaciones y añadiendo habitaciones de categoría superior. Cuando las obras de reforma acaben, no estará permitido fumar en el hotel. -
- Décor and finish of the building is excellent. Also there was a party on when I arrived and had been allocated a room some distance away so was not disturbed.
- Clean, well decorated & decent bar & breakfast. The staff were polite.
- Comfortable room, great food and function area
- Pre pay for the breakfast, they will charge you the menu price rather than the £10 indicated on this site
- Excellent staff. Couldn’t be faulted. Ordered food in specialty. I wanted a larger steak and they ordered it for the next day. I have stayed at many hotels and this is a real good find. Great for the NEC
- we stay at this hotel when visiting family in the area all the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble !! the breakfast was very nice
- Handy position 5 mins from M42 ... nice spacious rooms, pleasant staff and good restaurant.
- Nice hotel stayed for a wedding it was a well organised day
- Staff and location were great. Loads of parking. Big bedroom, bed was fine for comfort. Lots of electricity points which was really useful.
- Good location. Nice and quiet in our part of the hotel. Plenty of parking.
- Nice big bedrooms and comfy beds. Quiet rooms even though a wedding reception with loud music was going on in the function room. Food was pretty good and the restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful. Reception were friendly and helpful too. Overall, it is a pleasant and attractive hotel but it just needs a few tweaks to make it an excellent hotel.
- We stayed in westmead suite that was huge and very comfortable
- This review has been hidden because it doesn't meet our guidelines.
- Hotel looked nice inside, was conveniently located to Alcott wedding venue. The room was really big. Tea coffee and an iron were all located in the room.
- Evening music in bar area each evening and night not suitable for the time nor place and was awful. It resembled club music and not good club music! Staff in the bar were not able to change the music but thankfully they could turn it down a little. The music played during the day would have been suitable for evening too. The distaste of the music is not down to age.
- We have stayed many times and it has always been good value for money.
- Everything lovely clean and tidy. pleasant staff free car park always helps
- Huge comfy bed! Food in the restaurant was very good.
- The staff were very helpful and patient. Thank you to both Sophie and Josie.
- what did I think of breakfast not much we paid to have a meal but you could only have some things on the menu which did not include cereal so not happy but cooked ok