Gas Street Basin
- Unique setting right in the centre of Birmingham. Surrounded by bustling bright restaurants and pubs, with a very lively feel when I arrived, but things quietened down as the evening progressed. A real treat to wake up in such a central location
- Excellent check in, super friendly. The boat is really central and such a cute little marina. Kitchen available and they provide soya milk and tea. Fun place to stay.
- Great location and special place - is a canal boat and a unique experience
- Seriously quirky and interesting, very central, a fantastic vibe!! Kitchen well stocked with thoughtful additions. Great security arrangements. Lovely table/chairs to sit out on the pontoon. Interesting books on the shelf (Akys Flowers - VERY impressed!). Good booking procedures - thorough and professional.
- The location and novelty of the accommodation.
- This is a fantastic alternative to the corporate hotel experience, in a fantastic location, that is remarkable quiet in the evening. It is great to give to a social enterprise and have needs met, and what a fabulous host. Of course the glorious sunshine helped to enjoy the sitting outside experience.
- Perfectly situated in the middle of Birmingham. Really peaceful and quiet.
- Just what I was expecting, narrow boat life. Owner was very friendly and helpful, very accommodating! Very comfortable & photos accurate. Hadn't expected the amount of basic food and drink available in the living area - most "aparthotel" places don't provide anything, but there was tea (& rooibos), coffee (& decaf), milk, marg & some basic condiments.
- A very unique night away on a canal boat. The boat was clean, warm in winter and it's location is first class. Excellent for gigs, shopping etc. Pub/ restaurant within 30 yards.
- It was quite something else to be on a boat in town centre and position was perfect and comfy
- I was worried it would be cold on a boat. But the bedroom was nice and toasty - good central heating x
- The host is adorable, she was so accommodating and laid back. She had warmed the boat before we arrived and then waited for us to arrive. The area was secure and very central. There was free tea coffee milk with full use of all amenities. The beds were clean and cosy. Would defiantly stay there again. We had the whole boat.
- Fantastic location with an owner who was wonderful - friendly, helpful and made our whole trip easy.
- Our second visit! A great location and novel experience, situated in great location, on doorstep of mailbox and bullring for shopping. Lots of nice pubs, bars and restaurants in surrounding area. Another lovely stay!
- Brilliant location and a great place to stay. Owner was really friendly and bed was very comfy. Tight for space but we were expecting that (it's a canal boat - of course it's a bit of a squeeze!). Really happy with it overall.
- Fantastic such a change from hotel. Great value for money and we was lucky as there was only us staying. Location was fantastic and so tranquil. Most definitely stay again. Just a shame we only stayed 1 night. I read some reviews before arriving. It's a barge and that's just what you get. Theres are everything you need and the lady was lovely.
- Great location, handy for ICC, New Street Station, etc. Quirky unique experience staying on a narrowboat. Use of the fridge, kitchen and saloon cabin was really useful. Friendly, helpful owner. Sitting by the canal side, enjoying a cup of tea on a summer’s evening - bliss!
- Saima is a wonderful host.My room had all the facilities required.Location wonderful-will definitely re-book.
- Great value, friendly welcome, super calm + quiet, right next to major conference venues, smack in the heart of town. Something a bit different.
- friendly host, quirky stay, central location, unique experience