Gas Street Basin
- Unique setting right in the centre of Birmingham. Surrounded by bustling bright restaurants and pubs, with a very lively feel when I arrived, but things quietened down as the evening progressed. A real treat to wake up in such a central location
- Seriously quirky and interesting, very central, a fantastic vibe!! Kitchen well stocked with thoughtful additions. Great security arrangements. Lovely table/chairs to sit out on the pontoon. Interesting books on the shelf (Akys Flowers - VERY impressed!). Good booking procedures - thorough and professional.
- The location and novelty of the accommodation.
- This is a fantastic alternative to the corporate hotel experience, in a fantastic location, that is remarkable quiet in the evening. It is great to give to a social enterprise and have needs met, and what a fabulous host. Of course the glorious sunshine helped to enjoy the sitting outside experience.
- Perfectly situated in the middle of Birmingham. Really peaceful and quiet.
- Just what I was expecting, narrow boat life. Owner was very friendly and helpful, very accommodating! Very comfortable & photos accurate. Hadn't expected the amount of basic food and drink available in the living area - most "aparthotel" places don't provide anything, but there was tea (& rooibos), coffee (& decaf), milk, marg & some basic condiments.
- Near centre of town
- A very unique night away on a canal boat. The boat was clean, warm in winter and it's location is first class. Excellent for gigs, shopping etc. Pub/ restaurant within 30 yards.
- It was quite something else to be on a boat in town centre and position was perfect and comfy
- I was worried it would be cold on a boat. But the bedroom was nice and toasty - good central heating x
- The host is adorable, she was so accommodating and laid back. She had warmed the boat before we arrived and then waited for us to arrive. The area was secure and very central. There was free tea coffee milk with full use of all amenities. The beds were clean and cosy. Would defiantly stay there again. We had the whole boat.
- Fantastic location with an owner who was wonderful - friendly, helpful and made our whole trip easy.
- Our second visit! A great location and novel experience, situated in great location, on doorstep of mailbox and bullring for shopping. Lots of nice pubs, bars and restaurants in surrounding area. Another lovely stay!
- Brilliant location and a great place to stay. Owner was really friendly and bed was very comfy. Tight for space but we were expecting that (it's a canal boat - of course it's a bit of a squeeze!). Really happy with it overall.
- cosy and warm and great location
- Fantastic such a change from hotel. Great value for money and we was lucky as there was only us staying. Location was fantastic and so tranquil. Most definitely stay again. Just a shame we only stayed 1 night. I read some reviews before arriving. It's a barge and that's just what you get. Theres are everything you need and the lady was lovely.
- Experience of the location. Privacy.
- Great location, handy for ICC, New Street Station, etc. Quirky unique experience staying on a narrowboat. Use of the fridge, kitchen and saloon cabin was really useful. Friendly, helpful owner. Sitting by the canal side, enjoying a cup of tea on a summerâs evening - bliss!
- Saima is a wonderful host.My room had all the facilities required.Location wonderful-will definitely re-book.
- Quirky and comfortable
- Great value, friendly welcome, super calm + quiet, right next to major conference venues, smack in the heart of town. Something a bit different.
- friendly host, quirky stay, central location, unique experience
- Very quirky and different. Host Saima was very friendly. Had use of living area which was nice.
- Everything! Great location. Very comfy beds.
- Boatel was really quirky and in an excellent location. The owner was there to greet us. It is a canal boat so there is not a lot of room to move around - this has not impacted on my score as I didn't mind this. The locals were great too. We sat on the back of the boat and chatted to those walking by!
Gas Street Basin
Birmingham Repertory Theatre
Library of Birmingham
The National Sea Life Center
Birmingham Town Hall
Sainsbury's Local Supermarket
East Midlands Airport
The Mailbox Mall Luxury Popular brands like: Armani
Popular brands like: Armani
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Bullring Shopping Center
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Winterbourne House and Garden
Belfry Golf Club
Drayton Manor Theme Park
Boatel Birmingham is located right in the center of Birmingham, 650 feet from Broad Street. The property is set 650 feet from The ICC-Birmingham, a 3-minute walk from Brindleyplace and 1,650 feet from Birmingham NIA. The property is located 2,650 feet from Hippodrome Theater and 0.7 mi from Bullring Shopping Center, in a gated marina. Aston University is a 20-minute walk from the hotel, while University of Birmingham is 2.1 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 7.5 mi from Boatel Birmingham.