Eagle and tun
12 Banbury Street
- I booked very late in the day, was very happy to find a cheap deal, the room and hotel were as I expected them to be from the description. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the friendly staff. The location was excellent for my purposes upon this visit.
- It was cheap and right next to where I wanted to be. Staff are very friendly.
- The location was close to where I needed to be.
- Bed was adequate. Good internet. Decent size TV.
- The people are nice but the place is a mess—-
- The bed and towels provided were clean.. if they hadn’t been I would have had to leave and forfeit the £45 I’d paid online.. Friendly staff who seemed unaware of the complete inappropriateness of having guests coming into that environment. The paintwork, light switches, walls, corridors etc were the scruffiest I’ve ever seen. The curry I had from the bar was delicious. I got a surprisingly good nights sleep in a comfy bed with clean sheets and duvet. I think the owners don’t see what guests see. It’s really hard to explain how bad it was.. I could go on all day. I’m a 60 woman who travels a lot with work and for leisure. I’ve never, ever been anywhere like this, and hope never to again. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry..
- Kal Singh, the landlord, is a lovely man. It was a last minute booking, but he welcomed me warmly. The place is very very basic. More like a youth hostel than a hotel. But the bed was comfortable, and the price was good. It's a bit of a seedy area, but Kal's personality and the pub's security measures ensured I felt safe. And hey, it's where UB40's "Red Red Wine" video was shot!
- The host was really welcoming and positive. They accepted our booking on the day which was amazing!
- Owner extremely friendly and helpful genuinely nice person, easy to come and go as i please, wasn't disturbed too much by owner which i've encountered at other places
- Good size and clean room, television and hot shower - basic expectations met. This is not Hilton!
- Good walking distance into Birmingham and stations
- I was so excited that this was the pub that ub40 had used, the staff member who owned it was lovely
- One man show. Very old place with few conditions but with a very nice guy.
- Clean linen. Hospitable Hosts.Convenient location