1046 Bristol Road, Selly Oak
- Lovely Quaker run establishment with glorious gardens
- 24 tea and fruit bar. Lovely grounds, patio and sitting room. Quiet ambience.
- A lovely relaxed atmosphere. The grounds are amazing.
- This place is amazing!! Surrounded by gardens is perfect for resting! Breakfast is good and the rooms are clean and modern.
- Exceptionally friendly, clean, quite and in an amazing setting.
- Friendly staff, really light & airy dining room, beautiful grounds, good variety at breakfast and dinner meals, good transport links to Birmingham centre.
- Excellent: well-cooked & presented, with plenty of choice for various dietary requirements. The calm, peace, stillness of a Quaker centre was so rewarding. And hardly ever heard the sonic horror of a mobile 'phone tone: marvellous! Superb grounds to explore.
- Great welcome good facilities and excellent bed
- Woodbrooke has an air of calm and tranquility that makes any stay here so relaxing. It's in a very nice area of Birmingham and the setting in lovely grounds makes you forget you're in a city at all. The staff are always very attentive and friendly and the rooms very clean and comfortable.
- I didn't realise until I arrived that this is actually a Quaker study centre which really enhanced my experience. There were lovely grounds to explore, a fantastic library to browse and free beverages in the refractory with the bonus of biscuits, fruit and cakes. Staff were really helpful. Breakfast was included and there was an excellent choice of very good quality cereals, fruit, cooked breakfast etc.
- This not a typical hotel or B&B - it is a Quaker training centre. The grounds are beautiful and the hospitality is excellent. Complimentary afternoon tea and cakes were served and there are plenty of spaces to sit inside or outside to enjoy drinks, to read or to chat. The breakfast buffet was generous and very good quality. Woodbrooke is a little way out of Birmingham city centre but the bus service just outside the entrance is excellent. The railway station is a short walk away and there are various cafes and takeaways if required. WiFi good and easy to set up. The room was very quiet.
- The rooms are fairly basic, but comfortable and very clean. There is no TV, but the internet works really well and it is possible to stream with it. The staff are just superb. Friendly check in, showing you to the room, nice library and communal areas. Free coffee, fruit, cakes and a wonderful breakfast in a lovely breakfast room. The shower was very good with all toiletries provided. Parking is easy if needed
- helpfuless of staff and volunteer. Pleasant environment
- The unique character of Woodbrooke, the peaceful and rejuvenating atmosphere, the super friendly and welcoming staff, the relaxing and bright garden room overlooking the emasculate and spectacular grounds. This is a hidden gem and is really convenient for exploring Birmingham and Bournville.
- A fantastic place. Calm...well managed....great people and a beautiful setting. A great and unexpected find....a bolt hole for everyone who is visiting central England. Thank you Woodbrooke!!
- Beautiful gardens, vegan breakfast option, lovely people and house
- Rooms have enough furniture and facilities. Wardrobe with hangers, kettle, 2 big cups and saucers, lots of tea, coffee and milk, hairdryer, desk, 2 chairs, 3 lamps, main light, 1 bedside cabinate inbetween 2 single beds, temperature of room perfect, 1 quilt and 2 pillows per bed, spare blankets if required in wardrobe. Shower was very powerful and hot, radiated was v hot in bathroom, foot towel, hand towel and bath towel provided per bed and dressing gowns each too. Hangers on back of bedroom and bathroom doors. Grounds were amazing. Short walk to Bournville village. Meals fantastic. I eat lots and was not hungry.
- Tea, coffee, cakes and fruit available. Beautiful grounds.
- Really interesting, historical building. Friendly, informative and welcoming staff. Very comfortable bed, basic but more than sufficient room with lovely access to the beautiful grounds. Good, varied breakfast selection. Super value for money.
- Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The building is beautiful. The gardens are superb and well worth a walk around. Couldn't gave felt more welcomed. Will definitely stay here again.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham Library
Winterbourne House and Garden
Newman University - Birmingham
Warwickshire County Cricket Club
Frankley Services M5
Odeon Broadway Plaza
East Midlands Airport
Library of Birmingham
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Bullring Shopping Center
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Set within 10 acres of peaceful gardens and woodland, Woodbrooke features free WiFi throughout and free parking. It is just 5 miles from central Birmingham and features modern conference facilities and learning courses. This Grade II listed property offers a bright garden lounge with a wood-burning stove, overlooking the organically managed grounds. The rooms boast Fairtrade tea and coffee making facilities, eco-friendly liquid soap and shampoo. In the mornings, Woodbrooke provides a cooked buffet breakfast, with continental options including European meat and cheese. The food is prepared using locally sourced produce where possible. With prior request, 2-course evening meals are also available. Woodbrooke's public areas are alcohol-free zones. The welcoming heritage center is the former home of the famous chocolatier and quaker, George Cadbury. It is 1 miles from Selly Oak Railway Station.