The Blue Piano Guesthouse
24 - 26 Harborne Road
- Location was fairly convenient, about a half hour's walk from Birmingham Moore Station and 20 mins from Arena Birmingham where I attended an event. The rooms were quite lovely, surprisingly spacious for the very reasonable price and beautifully decorated. Private bathroom had a shower as well as full bathtub. The included breakfast was quite good, with fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cuts and cheeses, a variety of pastries, toast, and cereal available, and hot coffee or tea brought out when you sit down. Overall a very pleasant stay!
- Everything was lovely. So nice to stay at an independent hotel. Ideal location for Birmingham City Cente and the delights of Edgebaston. In a lovely part of the city.
- Excellent restaurant. Lovely decor and outdoor patio.
- The room was lovely, breakfast was great plenty of choices.
- Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, nice bar with live music on Friday night in the garden. Cooked us chips at 9.30pm when we arrived home from an event. Rooms quiet, beds comfy and a nice big bath in the bathroom. Parking on site was great.
- The manager was really lovely. Very friendly and really helpful.
- The staff were lovely. Great space inside and out.
- Great location and small hotel with its own style. Nice garden where you could eat outside or enjoy a pre diner drink
- Very handy continental breakfast. Fantastic, friendly and helpful staff too. Food in their restaurant was excellent and the two bands on the Friday and Saturday were great.
- breakfast well laid out and very good Location good
- This is the antidote to standardised hotels, an original idea taking the concept of the Red Piano Hotel in Cambodia and evoking SE Asia in Birmingham. The decor in the old victorian redbrick mansion is subtle and tasteful. Wallpaper with lotuses, the blue piano sits in the lobby. The rooms were airy comfortable, nicely decorated and with good bathrooms and a brilliant shower. The restaurant has a garden with regular live music, but it was the food and the staff that really make this place special. The service ethic was brilliant and if you like Beef Rendang or Khmer Curry, go no further.
- Great location, pleasant and courteous staff and good vibe
- Bar in the garden, relaxing breakfasts, parking front and back
- Great location, comfortable bed, powerful shower, lovely outside seating area, parking, good selection continental breakfast.
- Restaurant serves excellent Asian food. Comfortable bed and good lighting. Breakfast was a good choice although no cooked food.
- Lovely place and lovely staff. Ideal location. Room was lovely and big with a large bathroom and very clean
- The room was really nicely appointed and the bathroom was clearly newly fitted - 1200mm shower unit (big!) and a large bath too.
- Clean and friendly staff, just a short walk to broad street .pubs and a large shop across the road and just a five minute bus ride into the city centre.
- Cooked breakfast in the mornings would be good, as we found certain items had ran out with continental breakfast. But the stay and staff were excellent
- I usually have problems with pillows due to a neck problem but these were perfect so I slept well and had no aches in morning. We both loved the large ensuite with separate bath and shower. Loved the garden area. All staff were very friendly and helpful.